Travis Scott is wanted in a sexual assault case.
The Astro world According to multiple reports, the 30-year-old rapper allegedly punched a sound engineer and caused $12,000 worth of damage at Nebula nightclub in Midtown Manhattan.
An NYPD spokesperson confirmed the incident to Yahoo Entertainment without identifying Scott as the alleged suspect, saying an alleged attack took place at that location at 2 a.m. Wednesday. It stemmed from a “verbal dispute” between Scott and a 52-year-old that “escalated into a physical altercation”. The victim was reportedly “punched in the face” and the aggressor “went on to damage an audio speaker and video screen, damaging approximately $12,000 worth of equipment. The investigation is ongoing.”
NBC News confirmed with NYPD sources that Scott — real name Jacques Webster — was wanted after allegedly punching the victim on the left side of the face with a closed fist. Scott then fled the West 41st St. club in a car. Police responded to Nebula around 3:25 a.m. Investigators review the club’s surveillance video.
According to WPIX-TV, Scott is wanted on charges of assault and criminal mischief. The alleged victim did not report serious bodily harm to police.
Earlier in the evening, Scott was the surprise guest at rapper Don Toliver’s show at Union Square music venue, Irving Plaza.
Scott representatives did not respond to a request for comment. However, his attorney Mitchell Schuster told TMZ: “While this is clearly a misunderstanding blown out of proportion by clickbait and misinformation, we are actively working with the venue and law enforcement to resolve and put the matter right. are confident that our client will.” be cleared of any wrongdoing.”
Nebula’s managing partner Richie Romero told the same outlet, “This is completely out of proportion. It was a great night.”
The “Sicko Mode” singer is the longtime boyfriend of reality star and beauty mogul Kylie Jenner, with whom he shares two children, Stormi and Aire. However, they are reportedly on a hiatus.
Scott returned to the stage for the first time since the Astroworld Festival tragedy last year. While headlining his festival in November 2021, 10 people died in a wave of crowds. Scott, who said he was unaware that people were being trampled, has been the defendant in a number of lawsuits over the tragedy.